Most local building departments and jurisdictional agencies will inspect the construction process of your pole barn. Below are some inspections and requirements that most jurisdictions will oversee:
- Plans and building permits must be on-site and readily available at all times.
- Setback and Hole Inspection: After holes are dug but prior to concrete being poured.
- Framing Inspection: Requested after the building is up and before insulation or interior coverings are installed. May also be final if no other work is being done.
- Final Inspection: Requested after all work is completed such as: insulation, concrete slab, electrical, plumbing, heating, and/or sheetrock (or other items as required).
- Additional inspections may be required by local jurisdictions to insure that the building is safe for its intended use.